Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer Loving

Helloooooo all!

Thought I would blog about my happenings since it has been a long while.
Vacation to Greece - 14 days starting in Athens and taking ferries around to the Greek islands. Islands visited: Mykonos, Santorini, Ios, and Paros.
It was so much fun! I went with one of my best friends, Katie and we traveled with a tour group that included 18 people total. Most of the travelers in our group were Canadian or Australian except for us and a few people from NY and one girl from Virginia.

The main things to do on the islands are enjoy the beautiful scenery, hit the beach, and dance the night away in the clubs. There is also lots of good food and shopping on some of the islands. There aren't a lot of historical things to see (ahem...okay, Mom?!).

School Stuff - Even though I'm not taking any classes this summer, I am still being funded at the university to do research. Here's what I'm working on this summer in particular - 1) project with UT and Ft. Sill developing a leadership training program and 2) measurement and evaluation project of online communications (purposely vague on this description...).
Otherwise I'm gearing up for the big job hunt!! This includes getting my vita ready, collecting letters of recommendation, preparing a job talk, and beginning to apply for jobs. I'll be visiting Montreal, Canada for a big conference at the beginning of August as sort of a kickoff to this process where I'll be doing 'speed dating' interviews with universities.

Misc
- In general, I'm enjoying the summer as it is relatively slow paced. Planning to go out with friends, watch lots of movies, hang out at the lake, visit home (especially to see my bestie/sis and her beautiful daughters), and do whatever I please. :)

One recent fun outing was for my friend, Sarah's bday. We rented a stretch hummer limo in OKC and all of the people in the pic below squeezed into the limo! See if you can spot me in the middle of the pic. I joked that I was looked like Donatella Versace that night because of the super dark spray tan and the bleached blond hair.


If you want updates on my love life you'll have to ask in person, no kissing and telling online ;)

1 comment:

Kim said...

I count TWENTY-SIX people in that limo!! Whoa! So Mom insinuated that all you did was party hardy huh? Hehe. And we love seeing you too, sis!