Friday, March 28, 2008

1st timer

Hello all. I have decided, on a whim, that I would start a blog. My past endeavors into these domains have ultimately ended within several short months, so we will see if I am able to maintain this blog. Those of you who are interested in my happenings can access this site, since I can turn into somewhat of a recluse.



I was in the middle of typing up my thesis when I got to a point where I thought I would just fall asleep, probably since I'm working from my bed. (I have on more than one occasion fallen asleep with my laptop at my side). To give myself a mental break I started checking blogs of my relatives--miss Claire's, Owen's, and briefly Allie and Emma's. Its fun to look at their blogs and see how much they are growing! Obviously, at this point in my life there won't be any baby pictures. Unless someone let's me pose with their baby I guess. :)



I won't get overly indulgent in describing graduate school--I know its boring to most people. But, I will say that I'm currently writing up my thesis (as previously mentioned), writing a theoretical article (with another grad student) on 'Leading for Creativity' and developing a new experimental study on the 'Overconfidence of Leaders'. Each week I meet with my major professor and update him on these projects and show him my work. To which he critically reviews and when I say critically, I mean it! Yesterday, for example, was no exception when he looked over the intro of the leading for creativity paper.


At least its the weekend! I'm not sure exactly what my plans will be (apart from writing on those papers I mentioned and a take home statistics midterm), but I'm conisdering going to a wedding tomorrow of an old sorority sister with my roommate and friend, Rebecca (pictured below). I also need to go by the bridal store at some point soon to try on the bridesmaid dress for my friend Andrea's wedding. As soon as she gets her bridal website finished I will be sure to post a link for those interested in seeing it.


I'm also hoping to spend time with Nathan. He suggested we do something active--like play basketball. I might have to beat him at pig again. Although he would have to bring up how he stuffed me over and over again last time we played against each other. I voted for going to see a movie since we haven't in a long time! There really isn't anything good out, but we'll see.






For those of you who didn't know I recently went snow skiing in Colorado! I had a great time with three girlfriends. I got to ski for 4 days and felt like I really improved my technique and my confidence. My friends were a little more cautious than I, so I ended up doing some of the harder slopes by myself. Making them even more of a challenge! I guess I would score high in risk-taking. (Psychometric perspective creeping in). The snow was good though and I can't wait to go again!




















3 comments:

Kim said...

Yay for an Aunt Mandy blog! Just remember, posting a short update is better than nothing. These long ones are interesting, but don't feel like you have to do that every time or you'll get burnt out. Just some advice from a blogger whose blog began back in the day--2005! Love ya!

Lissa said...

We love the blog! Um so why is it BRIEFLY Allie and Emma??? We just get BRIEFLY? ahem. :)

Anonymous said...

So Manda are you just trying to make me look bad...in response to my "I'm not starting a blog email" you start a blog :D
--Cristy